Whether you are looking for powdered or powder-free gloves, there are so many things to consider while buying disposable gloves. One of the primary attributes to consider is the quality of the glove. But, how do you find the quality of the glove you choose for your industrial application? It all comes down to AQL!
What Does AQL Mean?
How Gloves Are Tested for AQL Score?
To determine the AQL score, a batch of gloves are selected and tested for water-tightness. During this examination, the gloves are filled with water and observed for a defined period of time. When there are no water leaks from the gloves, it proves that the gloves have no holes.
Gloves with AQL rating of 1.5 can be used by medical professionals who are in contact with people. But for some professions where the risk of contact with harmful substances is greater, the AQL rating must be lower. For mechanical work and domestic cleaning, gloves with the AQL rating of 4.0 or higher is enough.
AQL ratings apply to all types of gloves made from different materials, including latex, vinyl, and nitrile gloves. The cost of gloves with AQL rating of 1.5 is slightly higher than the general ones. However, by choosing gloves manufactured to more stringer AQL rating, you can ensure superior protection.
How to Measure and Compare Glove Strength?
There is a wide variety of gloves used in many diverse workplaces. The EN is responsible for carrying out a variety of hazard tests which help determine the strength of a glove. The best indicators for the strength of a glove are tests for;
- Puncture Resistance – how well the glove withstands puncture hazards. The higher the number, the more resistant.
- Tear Resistance – how likely the glove is to tear when it comes into contact with snags or pull hazards. The higher the number, the more resistant the glove will be.
- Abrasion Resistance – how well the glove withstands abrasion hazards. The higher the number, the more resistant to a course surface the glove is.
- Cut Resistance – how well the glove withstands sharp cut hazards. The higher the number, the more resistant to sharp edges, materials, knives, etc. the glove will be.
- Chemical Resistance – how well glove withstands common chemicals.
We're committed to supplying the highest quality equipment.
That’s why all of our products come with a 100% Quality Guarantee.
See more Gloves
Disposable Latex PF Gloves XXS | 1 Case$77.00 (inc. GST) Add to cartQuick View
Medicom Lightly Powdered Latex Gloves XS | 1 Case$77.00 (inc. GST) Add to cartQuick View
Medical Powder Free Latex Gloves | 1 Case$110.00 (inc. GST) Add to cartQuick View
Medicom Black Latex PF Gloves | 2 Boxes$24.00 – $30.00 (inc. GST) Add to cartQuick View